Re: CMP Bean problem

От TANIDA Yutaka
Тема Re: CMP Bean problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris,

I'm not sure about these issues, so I can tell you only what is written
in his site.

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:46:48 -0500 (EST)
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

> > I don't know about CMP and SUN One , but I found Masatoshi
> > Satoh(okome@siisise.net) supplies a patch in his site.
> >
> > http://siisise.net/softlib/postgresql-7.4-jdbc.diff
> The patch has two changes in it, but unfortunately I can't tell what he's
> trying to achieve as the whole site is in Japanese.

According to his site , this pathch is useful for SunONE + PostgreSQL +
CMP entity bean .

> The first is incorrect as it breaks retrieving database object information
> via DatabaseMetaData calls because it forces all parameters to lowercase.
> This makes it impossible to get information on objects with capital
> letters in their name.

Sun ONE doesn't distinguish lower/upper case of
DatabaseMetaData#getTables() output.

> The second change makes ResultSet.getString() on a boolean column return
> "true" or "false" instead of "t" or "f".  This breaks the existing
> behavior of getString returning the exact string the server returned and
> would probably cause backwards compatibility problems for many people.  I
> would be interested to know why this change was necessary.

Sun ONE assumes ResultSet#getString() on a boolean column returns
'true'/'false' , not 't'/'f' .

--
TANIDA Yutaka <tanida@sra.co.jp>