Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> In general I am suspicious of proposals to rewrite queries into UNION
> "equivalents", because the "equivalent" usually isn't exactly
> equivalent, at least not without conditions that the planner can't
> easily prove.

As I said, I'm not sure that UNIONing the query is the solution, we just need
something other than what the planner currently does, which does not
complete.

Explains later today.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

От: Neil Conway
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL port to pure Java?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL port to pure Java?