Re: Double Backslash example patch

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Double Backslash example patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
David Fetter wrote:
> Please find enclosed a patch exemplifying typical use of the ARE
> Class-Shorthand Escapes®.  I believe it will help intrepid regex
> users. :)

If you want to explain something, it's normally better to create an
example just for that point, instead of piggybacking it onto another
example. Else you just make it harder for people to recognize the
relevant information.

For instance, in the case you want to patch the example aims to show how
patterns are not anchored, as opposed to the pattern for the LIKE
operator.  What does the escape syntax of the pattern have to do with
that?