Re: Slow UPADTE, compared to INSERT

От Ivar Zarans
Тема Re: Slow UPADTE, compared to INSERT
Дата
Re: Slow UPADTE, compared to INSERT
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 06:19:46PM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> >is correct SQL, but not correct, considering PostgreSQL bugs.
>
> Personally I don't consider a bug but anyways.. You are the one facing
> problem so I understand..

Well, if this is not bug, then what is consideration behind this
behaviour? BTW, according to Cristopher it is fixed in 7.5 CVS.
Why fix it if this is not a bug? :))

One more question - is this "feature" related only to "bigint" fields,
or are other datatypes affected as well?

> Will following help?
>
> qry = "UPDATE table1 SET status = %s WHERE recid = '%s'"
> cursor.execute(qry, status, recid)

Yes, this helps. But then it sort of obsoletes PyPgSQL-s own quoting
logic. I would prefer to take care of this all by myself or trust some
underlying code to do this for me. And PyPgSQL is quite nice - it
checks datatype and acts accordingly.

--
Ivar

Сообщение: Re: Slow UPADTE, compared to INSERT
Сообщение: Re: Slow UPADTE, compared to INSERT