Re: Possible bug in ECPGlib thread-safety (Postgres 7.4)...

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: Possible bug in ECPGlib thread-safety (Postgres 7.4)...
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 09:44:19AM +1100, Philip Yarra wrote:
> The reason for this is below (I'm going from memory here, if I get this wrong
> can someone correct me please?)
> I'm pretty sure what happens when you issue EXEC SQL SET CONNECTION is that it
> sets the the default connection, so each of your threads would simply have
> shuffled the default connection. Then when each thread attempts to EXEC SQL
> they grab the same connection... whichever connection was made the default by
> the last thread to issue EXEC SQL SET CONNECTION.

This is correct. SET CONNECTION just defines the default.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De

От: Philip Yarra
Сообщение: Re: Possible bug in ECPGlib thread-safety (Postgres 7.4)...
Сообщение: Re: Possible bug in ECPGlib thread-safety (Postgres 7.4)...