Re: Help converting Oracle instead of triggers to PostgreSQL

От Christoph Haller
Тема Re: Help converting Oracle instead of triggers to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

> I have some instead of triggers in Oracle, some update instead of triggers
> and some insert instead of triggers. I was thinking that I could maybe use
> instead of rules in PostgreSQL to get the same effect. I converted the
> instead of trigger in Oracle into a PostgreSQL function below:
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION t_vproduct()
> RETURNS VOID AS '
>    DECLARE
>       v_productsetno numeric;
>       v_productno numeric;
>       v_prodqty numeric;
>       v_setqty numeric;
>       oldqoh numeric;
>       newqoh numeric;
>
>       --cursor to to get set number, sub-product_no and their quantities in
> the productset
>       prodset_cur CURSOR IS
>       SELECT productset_no, product_no, prod_qty
>       FROM productset
>       WHERE productset_no = old.product_no;
>
>    BEGIN
>       oldqoh := old.qoh;
>       newqoh := new.qoh;
>
>       --opening and fetching the cursor in the variables
>       OPEN prodset_cur;
>       FETCH prodset_cur INTO v_productsetno, v_productno, v_prodqty;
>
>       --checking if product is a set or individual
>       --if it is not a set then update product table
>       IF NOT FOUND THEN
>          UPDATE product
>          SET qoh = qoh - (oldqoh - newqoh)
>          WHERE product_no = old.product_no;
>       --if it is a SET then
>       ELSIF FOUND THEN
>          v_setqty := (oldqoh - newqoh); --SET quantity
>
>          --loop updates each sub products qoh in the set
>          LOOP
>             UPDATE product   --multiplying quantity of a product in a set
> with quantity of productset, to get total quantity of individual product in
> a set
>             SET qoh = qoh - (v_prodqty * v_setqty)
>             WHERE product_no = v_productno;
>
>             FETCH prodset_cur INTO v_productsetno, v_productno, v_prodqty;
>
>             EXIT WHEN NOT FOUND;
>          END LOOP;
>
>          CLOSE prodset_cur;
>       END IF;
>
>       RETURN;
>    END;
>    ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
>
> Then my guess for the rule is:
> CREATE OR REPLACE RULE r_vproduct AS ON UPDATE
>    TO vproduct DO INSTEAD PERFORM t_vproduct();
>
> I know that function isn't going to work the way I have it. In Oracle that
> function was defined as a trigger:
> CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER t_vproduct
> INSTEAD OF UPDATE
> ON v_product
>
> v_product is a view. Getting access to new and old is going to be at least
> one problem I can see. Perhaps I can pass in NEW and OLD into the t_vproduct
> function from the rule (DO INSTEAD PERFORM t_vproduct(new, old);). I'm not
> sure what to do.

Not sure if this is of any help ...
AFAIK there are no updatable views in pg.
But aside from that, I cannot see nothing what could not be
done by a pg trigger function:
CREATE TRIGGER name { BEFORE | AFTER } { event [OR ...] }   ON table FOR EACH { ROW | STATEMENT }EXECUTE PROCEDURE func
(arguments )

Also try

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/#convertfrom
Converting from other Databases to PostgreSQL

and/or

http://openacs.org/search/search?q=oracle+to+pg+porting&t=Search

HTH

Regards, Christoph