[fwd: [GENERAL] Domains and function]

От elein
Тема [fwd: [GENERAL] Domains and function]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I did not get any response to this question on
general so I am forwarding it to hackers.

Thanks,

elein

----- Forwarded message from elein <elein@varlena.com> -----

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:11:20 -0800
From: elein <elein@varlena.com>
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Cc: elein <elein@varlena.com>
Subject: [GENERAL] Domains and function

I can create a function with a domain and
define it to return a domain.

The parameter is checked to see if it qualifies
in the constraint of the domain, however, the
return value is not.

Is this a bug?  Or is the author of the function
responsible for re-inforcing the constraint
at runtime?

This is the test case in 7.4:

=# create domain one2hundred AS integer
-#    DEFAULT '1' CONSTRAINT email_domain check( VALUE > 0 AND VALUE <=100 );
CREATE DOMAIN
=#
=# create function gb52_add( one2hundred )
-# returns one2hundred as
-# '
'# BEGIN
'#    RETURN $1 + 10;
'# END;
'# ' language 'plpgsql';
CREATE FUNCTION
=#
=# select gb52_add( 80);gb52_add
----------      90
(1 row)

=# select gb52_add( 100);gb52_add
----------     110
(1 row)

=# select gb52_add( 90);gb52_add
----------     100
(1 row)

=# select gb52_add( 91);gb52_add
(1 row)

=# select gb52_add( 191);
ERROR:  value for domain one2hundred violates check constraint "email_domain"

elein@varlena.com        Varlena, LLC        www.varlena.com
         PostgreSQL Consulting, Support & Training

PostgreSQL General Bits   http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/

TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your     joining column's datatypes do not match

----- End forwarded message -----