Re: string character corruption problem and broken connection problem

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: string character corruption problem and broken connection problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:57:37PM -0500, Ethan Perry wrote:
> I'm using a user-defined function that refers to a shared library that I've built out of a third party C++
application.

> The function returns a string of values and works fine in the psql command line environment. When I call this
functionover JDBC, however, the string of values sometimes has garbage characters interspersed in:
> for instance, "???B???B??????)??????)???g)Affect 1.85" instead of just "Affect 1.85"
>
> After these characters are in the resulting string from the ResultSet multiple times, the postgreqsql server
eventuallysometimes goes down, and JDBC reports the following error:

> The backend has broken the connection. Possibly the action you have attempted has caused it to close.
> Exception in updateMsg msgId9106The backend has broken the connection. Possibly the action you have attempted has
causedit to close.
>  at org.postgresql.PG_Stream.ReceiveChar(PG_Stream.java:143)
>  at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:68)
>  at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:398)
>  at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(Statement.java:130)
>  at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:54)
>  at anthroViz.model.MessageReader.updateMsg(MessageReader.java:72)
>
> Any suggestions on what to look for that could be causing this would be very appreciated.

It seems unlikely this is a problem with the JDBC driver. I'd point the
finger at the shared library code -- the postmaster should not go down as a
result of a normal query from a client. Have you investigated the cause of
the backend crashes (examining coredumps etc)? What is logged by the
postmaster when it goes down?

-O

От: "Ethan Perry"
Сообщение: string character corruption problem and broken connection problem
От: "Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes"
Сообщение: Re: string character corruption problem and broken connection problem