Re: Ooops ! :( Recovery techniques

От Christoph Haller
Тема Re: Ooops ! :( Recovery techniques
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

> My machine just crashed in the middle of an update.
>
> When I restart the postgresql server the database engine appears ok and the=
> n tells me that a file /data/pg_clog/0697 is not there.=20
>
> I presume that these are the transaction log files.=20
> I would like to truncate the old logfiles, re-index and keep going.
> I that possible with postgres of do I have to do a full rebuild?
>
> thanks verymuch
>
> Richard Sydney-Smith

Sorry, your presumption is wrong. In contrary to what the name might
suggest this file is not a log file at all.
Your dbase is probably seriously damaged.
If you haven't made a dbase dump using "pg_dump" before,
you'd better do that full rebuild you mentioned.

Regards, Christoph

PS I recommend to read the chapter 'Backup and Restore' of the
fine manual to be prepared when your machine crashes again.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problem with intervals
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Validity check in to_date?