Re: Max number of rows in a table

От ow
Тема Re: Max number of rows in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Wouldn't the above put a limit on a number of records one could have
> > in table?
>
> No.

If I understand correctly, a table that has 4B+ rows cannot be restored after
the dump and that, in turn, may/will affect the ability to upgrade to new
versions of pgSql.

This is somewhat similar to saying "yes" to the question "Can I drive this car
at 55 mph?" and then forgetting to mention that the brakes will fail if the car
reaches 55 mph.

Thanks