FAQ_MSWIN patch: clarify instructions

От Daniel Convissor
Тема FAQ_MSWIN patch: clarify instructions
Дата
Re: FAQ_MSWIN patch: clarify instructions  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: FAQ_MSWIN patch: clarify instructions  (Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net>)
Список pgsql-cygwin
Greetings:

I'm a long time MySQL/Windows user and have a very popular tutorial page
on the subject:  http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/code/mybasic.htm

I have been wanting to try out PostgreSQL for some time.  The need to do
some cross-platform testing has finally spurred me to take the plunge.
The new 7.4 release via Cygwin has made this a far simpler objective
(thanks to everyone who made this possible!).

While doing the install and during subsequent use, I ran into some
gotchas.  Fortunately, I was able to figure out what was going on and got
everything working... eventually.

I have put together a patch for FAQ_MSWIN which will help future users
avoid these hitches.  I hope this helps.

If y'all need clarification of why these steps were added, don't hesitate
to ask.  I've subscribed to the list, so there's no need to cc me.

Enjoy,

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/

Вложения