Re: Cleaning up databases ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Cleaning up databases ...
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
> > We have a 7.2 (OpenACS users, mostly), 7.3 (those afraid to upgrade) and
> > 7.4 virtual server setup for this, all of which are on our Dual-Xeon
> > server ... I have the following databases created on pgsql74.hub.org:
>
> These servers arent' Dells, I hope?   My clients have been seeing some
> alarming problems with Dell Xeon servers under high CPU load.

Nope, the servers down there right now are Intel ... and the new server we
aer getting ready to pick up is an ASUS 1U box with 4 SCSI drives in it,
and dual-Xeon ...

I stop'd believing in Tier-1 hardware years ago ... I've had more problems
with them then with ASUS stuff ... Intel I've been quite happy with also,
especially once I figured out that the hard drive issues we had towards
the start of the year was a U320/Seagate Firmware issue :(

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: