Re: [HACKERS] XML Docbook

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: [HACKERS] XML Docbook
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 08:16:30PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Karel Zak writes:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 10:32:10AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > > XML disadvantage:
> > >
> > > - no arbitrary parameter entities
> >
> >  I unsure if I understand, can you show some example of this problem?
>
> SGML and XML allow you to disable certain parts of your document, by
> writing
>
> <![IGNORE[
> <stuff>...</stuff>
> ]]>
>
> The opposite of IGNORE is INCLUDE.  Think of this as a preprocessing
> stage.  You can also make the IGNORE/INCLUDE variable, by declaring a
> "parameter entity", think of it as a variable.  This is declared like
> this:
>
> <!entity % myvar "IGNORE">
>
> Then you can write
>
> <![%myvar;[
> <stuff>...</stuff>
> ]]>

 One  Czech XML  guru  suggest  me use  for  this "profiling". For  more
 information see:

    http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Profiling.html

 An example:

 <para os="windows">WinText</para>

 and when  you apply XSL template  you can use template  with "profile-"
 prefix  (profile-docbook.xsl,  profile-chunk.xsl)   and  define  option
 profile.os="windows".

 The other thing are INCLUDEs, I think best way is use W3C's <xinclude>.
 The  "xsltproc" support  it (--xinclude  option) and  for others  tools
 which doesn't support  it you can use common tool  "xmllint" that merge
 all to one temporary file:

 xmllint --xinclude --postvalid book.xml tmp.xml
 fop -xsl /path/file.xsl -xml tmp.xml -pdf book.pdf
 rm -f tmp.xml

 Comments?

    Karel

--