Re: Site designs, upgrades, and Konqueror

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Site designs, upgrades, and Konqueror
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Dave,

Chill!   I'm not blaming you for any of the problems.   We were disorganized,
that's all.   This was the *first* real press-splash release we've done, and
chaos is a consequence of that.

> Huh? We can upload them, test them, get them round the mirrors etc.
> weeks in advance, and then just advertise/create  the links at the last
> minute.

Oh.  Well, I was listening to Marc and Robert who I thought said we couldn't.

Also, there were some delays on the translation side, as I kept getting
corrections up until Thursday last week.  That can hopefully be fixed with
firmer deadlines in the future ...

> Next time, once the files are submitted to the web team, we must ensure
> that *all* changes are made direct to the CVS. Barring emergencies, I'm
> the only person that should be editting anything in the live webspace as
> I'm the only one that can commit changes from there back to CVS.

It certianly seemed like an emergency at the time.   I had 50 e-mails in my
inbox about messed-up encodings, and you were asleep, Robert was
out-of-touch, and Devrim didn't know anything.

Now I know a lot more about how the website works ... and hopefully we'll have
a new infrastructure by 7.5/8.0.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions