Re: SuSE RPMs available for PostgreSQL 7.4

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: SuSE RPMs available for PostgreSQL 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 17 November 2003 05:18 pm, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> SuSE RPMs for PostgreSQL 7.4 are available at
>     ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.4/suse

Hey, Peter, for one who consistently complains about lack of consistency in
naming, you completely diregarded the precedent that has previously been set
for naming RPM releases (regardless of the source).

And then you neglected to put group write permissions on the directory so that
other binaries could be uploaded.

So now I wouldn't be able to upload RPMs in the customary place.  Many thanks.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology