Re: Conservation of OIDs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Conservation of OIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 10:47:22AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >Whoa! You mean these aren't already separate database clusters or
> >even separate systems? I am very shocked, you can't do a proper Dev
> >--> QAT --> Prod environment if all three systems are run by the same
> >postmaster, or on the same host imo. But maybe I'm just over
> >cautious, or worked on systems where access to production systems is
> >controlled.
>
> I second this. Use different databases for each. You can run them
> on the same machine (there are some real advantages to this) but
> create a separate initdb for each...

What's the point?  You can keep them separate through pg_hba.conf if
it's really needed.  I don't see how having several clusters, one
database each, buys you any security.

"Cuando mañana llegue pelearemos segun lo que mañana exija" (Mowgli)

Сообщение: Re: Error on initdb with 7.4RC2
Сообщение: Re: Error on initdb with 7.4RC2