installation of odbc

От Wolfgang Meiners
Тема installation of odbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Halle there,
excuse my bad english, but this is not my native language.

I have a problem, installing odbc-support for postgresql.

The situation: I have suse linux 8.2 with postgrsql 7.3.2-24 and openoffice
1.02-30. I downloaded postgresql 7.3.4 and installed it from sources. i tried
out pgaccess3, PhpPgsql and pgsql and everything worked fine.

Then i downloaded and installed OpenOffice.org 1.1 and wanted to connect from
this to Postgresql via odbc. For this, i downloaded psqlodbc-07.03.0200 and
installed this from sources via
./configure,
make
make install

This gave me the file
/usr/local/lib/psqlodbc.so

I tried to connect via ODBCConfig and found out, that i need files
psqlodbc.so, and
libpsqlodbcS.so, for the setup. The only psqlodbdS.so file, i found in my
system was
/usr/lib/unixODBC/libodbcpsqlS.so
and so i took this file. The result is, i can not connect to postgresql via
OpenOffice or unixODBC's DataManager. I get the errormessage
[unixODBC]Missing server name, port, or database name in call to CC_connect.

I believe, the error is the wrong setup-file
/usr/lib/unixODBC/libodbcpsqlS.so, which probably belongs to postgresql
7.3.2-24 from suse linux. But i did not find any information about a
postgresql version in psqlodbc-07.03.0200. Additionaly, i found no
information about the setup-file
libodbcpsqlS.so

So i need help in the correct installation of postgresql with odbc support.
Thank you very much for all informations.
Wolfgang Meiners