Re: Postmaster refuses to start

От Andre Dubuc
Тема Re: Postmaster refuses to start
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sunday 16 November 2003 02:32 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andre Dubuc <aajdubuc@webhart.net> writes:
> > Hand-started postgresql:
> > "postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
> > FATAL:  Bogus data in lock file /var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid"
> >
> > Same message I got earlier. So what can I do about this mess? I'm stumped
> > . .
>
> Since you know that the old postmaster ain't there anymore, it's safe to
> just remove the indicated lock file.  Then everything should be
> peachy...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,

Well ain't that the cat's meow! I did that earlier (before I trashed the db
and re-installed postgresql) and nothing happened.  . . . sigh!

Now:
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2003-11-15 07:22:45 EST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/14E7F80
LOG:  redo record is at 0/14E7F80; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 20462; next oid: 58755
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/14E7FC0
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready

Life ain't fair no how!

Now, all I have to do is to restore the dump file -- another learning
experience!

Thanks again.
Andre

Сообщение: Re: Postmaster refuses to start
Сообщение: Re: Postmaster refuses to start