Re: multibyte support [Resolved]

От Ma Siva Kumar
Тема Re: multibyte support [Resolved]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[copying to the list, in case someone else faces the similar situation and is
looking for an answer]

On Thursday 13 Nov 2003 10:46 am, you wrote:

> Thank you for this tip. Will you show us the phpinfo() output,
> appropriately edited for security, even the single line in the php
> section, that shows it is using mb strings when you get done, please?

Hello Dennis,

Here is what I did.

1. Recompile php using the src rpm provided with Red Hat (rpmbuild) using the
following

configure --with-pgsql --without-mysql --enable-mbstring --with-apxs2
make
make install

2. Snipptets of phpinfo():

Configure Command  './configure' '--with-pgsql' '--without-mysql'
'--with-apxs2' '--enable-mbstring'

mbstring
Multibyte (Japanese) Support enabled

Directive     Local Value     Master Value
mbstring.detect_order no value no value
mbstring.func_overload 0 0
mbstring.http_input UTF-8 UTF-8
mbstring.http_output UTF-8 UTF-8
mbstring.internal_encoding UTF-8 UTF-8
mbstring.substitute_character no value no value

3. Since we will be using many languages, I set the encoding to UTF-8 here as
well as in the header files of all my scripts. In addition, I set the
default_charset directive in php.ini to UTF-8.

I guess all the above settings may not be necessary. But it works for me :-)

Best regards,

Ma SivaKumar

--
Integrated Management Tools for leather industry

Ma Siva Kumar,
BSG LeatherLink (P) Ltd,