Re: RHEL

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: RHEL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 12 November 2003 11:52 pm, Craig O'Shannessy wrote:
> So, what ever happened to the "RedHat database"?  I though RH was going to
> be hiring core PostgreSQL developers?  Anyone got a URL to explain what
> happened to this venture?  Sorry if I'm getting a little OT here.

Tom Lane is in a better position to answer that, but I understand that things
have realigned somewhat.  The package is known as 'rh-postgresql' and has
some 'enhancements' of some sort.  The graphical tools are nice, and are open
source.

Tom Lane was indeed hired by Red Hat, and he is a core developer.  The tenor
of his last message would seem to imply some friction there; I hope I'm just
misunderstanding.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology