Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 7.4 : ECPG not Thread-safe

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 7.4 : ECPG not Thread-safe
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Philip Yarra wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:47 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Philip Yarra wrote:
> > > I'm willing to have a go at updating the doco. Can someone point me to a
> > > guide to getting started with the markup we use?
> >
> > Great, but be warned --- the work is huge.
>
> Yikes! I just figured updating the manual section would be a good start. I'll
> deal with *huge* later.
>
> > Let me also add
> > that it is totally cool!  It doesn't look all that friendly, but once
> > you start coding in it, and pass variables in and out of queries, it
> > takes on amazing power and has amazing clarity.
>
> Personally I don't really like embedded SQL, and would prefer libpq, except
> for one beautiful feature: it's quite portable (Informix->Sybase->PostgreSQL
> with minimal re-coding).
>
> > Anyway, I think you can grab any ANSI SQL enbedded document and get
> > ideas.  You can look at vendors docs because those are going to be very
> > similar, and you can look at the ANSI standard for ideas.
>
> I have some of the vendors' ones to look at for ideas.
>
> Is the ANSI doc (freely) available?

Just grab a draft as mentioned in our developers FAQ.

> > that really shows the power of ecpg --- right now, our docs don't do it
> > justice.
>
> Agreed. I'll see what I can do. I figure just adding "always use 'AT
> connection_name' in a threaded application or suffer the consequences" would
> be a good start.

I guess, but there still a lot missing.  I wonder if we should just find
a good document on the web and point people there --- why reinvent the
wheel.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 7.4 : ECPG not Thread-safe
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 7.4 : ECPG not Thread-safe