Re: client authentication towards postgresql in php?

От Daniel Struck
Тема Re: client authentication towards postgresql in php?
Дата
Re: client authentication towards postgresql in php?  (Mariusz Pekala <skoot@qi.pl>)
Список pgsql-php
> If your actually creating a user inside the database for each user,
> authentication is handled inside the database and passwords are held
> inside the database.  When your php login script fires off, save the
> user name/ password into a session and then use that info to build your
> pg_connect strings.

The problem is, I don't have a password available in php.
The users are authenticated with x509 certificats and a private key, not a password. The private key is stored on a
smartcardand never leaves it, the smartcard itself handles the authentication with apache.

Problem now is, I want to authenticate the user with postgresql, to be able to log what the user is doing in postgresql
itself.
But I don't have a password to authenticate the user.
Thought about using a Kerberos ticket in postgresql, but don't know how to setup this.

Daniel

--
Retrovirology Laboratory Luxembourg
Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg

phone: +352-44116105
fax:   +352-44116113
web: http://www.retrovirology.lu
e-mail: struck.d@retrovirology.lu

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: client authentication towards postgresql in php?
Сообщение: Re: client authentication towards postgresql in php?