Re: PL/Perl returning multiple rows

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PL/Perl returning multiple rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 06:27:24PM -0800, Ben wrote:
> Oh, well yeah, of course there's always that. :)
>
> But once the original poster said "better start learning Tcl" the
> commitment had already been made to learn something new. So why not just
> go straight for pl/pgsql? Granted, it's got a learning curve, but I find
> it a lot easier to tinker with than C functions when you don't know what
> you're doing.

Well, I wasn't the OP ;-).  I thought Tcl had the capability, as it is
sometimes said to be the most advanced PL.  Plpgsql _is_ clumsy to
work on ... If I had to learn something new I'm not sure I'd choose
plpgsql ...

"La persona que no quería pecar / estaba obligada a sentarse
en duras y empinadas sillas    / desprovistas, por cierto
de blandos atenuantes"                          (Patricio Vogel)

Сообщение: Re: PL/Perl returning multiple rows
Сообщение: Re: PL/Perl returning multiple rows