Re: phpPGAdmin Indexes, what does this do?

От Sean
Тема Re: phpPGAdmin Indexes, what does this do?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I have never used VACUUM or ANALYSE on any tables, but most are still very fast, why would this table have a problem. I guess I need to look into what these operations do.  Thanks.  The table was so small, only 40 rows or so, so I don't understand why it would be 84 times faster.

-Sean

Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at> wrote:
CREATE INDEX updates reltuples and relpages in pg_class. This might
cause the planner to choose a different plan. May I guess that you
didn't VACUUM or ANALYSE your table for a long time?

Do you Yahoo!?