Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> > How about if we add a UNION that does:
> >     UNION
> >     SELECT 'non-local temp schemas skipped', NULL
>
> I think showing that would only be appropriate if we actually *did* skip
> some.  Finding that out would complicate the query unduly IMHO.
>
> > I see a few goals here:
> >     Prevent \dn from showing lots of lines for large installs
> >     Show the local temp schema so people can query it
>
> If those are agreed to be the goals then we end up with your original
> solution (or a working implementation of same anyway).
>
> I'd like to see some input from other people about what they want...

I have added this to the TODO list:

    * Have psql \dn show only visible schemas using current_schemas()

I know there was talk of showing all schemas only in admin mode, but I
don't think we want to implement different behavior until we have a more
practical reason to have such a mode distiction.  Of course, \dn will
have to be documented that is supresses non-visible schemas, and admins
can always do a select from pg_namespace.