Re: Calculating default values on insert?

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Calculating default values on insert?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 03:51:36 +0000,
  Robin Munn <rmunn@pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to calculate the default values of a column when I insert a
> row, based on the values of other columns. It's something I thought
> should be simple enough, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.
> Here's a basic example of what I'm trying to do:

You don't know what order the defaults are going to be done in, so this
approach couldn't work in general. You probably want to do this in a before
trigger anyway in order to maintain integrity between the columns.