Re: [HACKERS] Changes to Contributor List

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Changes to Contributor List
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thursday 06 November 2003 17:18, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Robert Treat writes:
> > <rant>
> > we don't need links, we need patches
> > </rant>
>
> Let me ask you the questions that people always ask of us:
>
> How does one get involved?
post proposals to pgsql-www and start coding

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/projdisplay.php

> What is the plan?
if you have an itch, scratch it...

> Where is the roadmap?
right now andreas' is working on multi-lingual capabilities. i have half an
implementation of variable site width i'd love to finish off, and we have
some pages for things like the release notes that we need to add to the
dynamic site building scripts.

on the advocacy site, there is a file called TODO in the main directory that
has some issues in it that need to be addressed in the current system.
potentially we will also need to add translated press kits and release notes
to the system.

on techdocs there is a todo.php file which is probably completely bogus.
theres some indecision on the direction of this site. I would like to convert
the whole thing to CVS, including the wiki pages that comprised the guides
section.  others are testing using bricolage to make a new site at which time
some of the data would be transitioned over.  i happen to think there are
several files on this site that should be moved to the main www site, i'd be
happy to expand on that if people start doing work on it.  really the most
important thing here is that we get some movement on the site in order to
ditch the old VM the site lives on and get it on our new web VM.

pgsql-www@postgresql.org

> Who is working on this?
myself, dave page, devrim gunduz, andreas grabmller are the primary folks
doing the work, though there are certainly others involved. [that guy marc
seems to be involved somewhat ;-) ]

> How can we help?
never send an email saying "you guys should post such and such news item on
the web site". instead submit the news item yourself and we can have it
approved and on the site in much less time.   :-)

otherwise it works much like any other open source project, if there is
something specific you want to work on, post a proposal or ask if anyone else
is working on it on the -www list.

let me also say on a personal note that if none of this looks interesting but
there is something else that i am working on that you'd like to get involved
in, drop me a line.  that last thing i want to do is to continue to
consolidate work around me, I'd much rather empower others to become regular
contributors.

Robert Treat

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Changes to Contributor List
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Ready for release?