Re: Erroneous PPC spinlock code

От Marcus Meissner
Тема Re: Erroneous PPC spinlock code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:08:56AM +0100, Reinhard Max wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 at 13:28, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
> >
> > > The SuSE PPC guru said that the PPC spinlock code we currently use
> > > may behave erroneously on multiprocessor systems.
> >
> > What's his evidence for that claim?
>
> Let's ask himself.
>
> > The code we have is based directly on the recommendations in the PPC
> > manuals, and has been tested on multi-CPU systems.
>
> Marcus, can you explain the details, please?

I reviewed the documentation again (at:http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/articles/powerpc.html
) and it seems to agree with your opinion.

I retract my comment, leave your code as-is.

Ciao, Marcus

От: bradclark_98@yahoo.com (Brad)
Сообщение: Setting client encoding with jdbc
От: "David Busby"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] [ADMIN] retrieve statement from catalogs