Re: grant all to database inheritence

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: grant all to database inheritence
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 16:58:50 -0500,
  Dave Cramer <dave@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> I have a challenge to be able to grant all to the database, and then
> have subsequent tables accessible by all users.

Granting access to a database does specifically what the documentation
says it does, which does affect the default access rights for newly
created objects.

> It seems to me that this is how a database should work. I do realize
> that postgres doesn't do this now. Is there a way around this? Using
> rules or some other mechanism?

Currently there really isn't a way to do this. You could run a cron script
that sets protections for tables on a regular schedule.

What it seems you really want is a per user or per database value that
specifies a default access mode for newly created objects roughly
similar to umask on Unix systems.

Сообщение: Re: regular backups - super user
Сообщение: Re: regular backups - super user