Re: sql trees move some element

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: sql trees move some element
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I have a table:
>  id          | integer | not null default
>  nextval('public.menu_2_id_seq'::text)
>  parent_id   | integer |
>  description | text    | not null
>
> how am I able to move some element with id = x before or after
> element with id = y ?
In relational databases there is no such concept of "before"
and "after". If you want to make id.x smaller then id.y you
can just update the column id to the values you desire. You
then need to make sure that you don't get in the way of the id
value of other rows. One way to do it would be to compare the
values of id.x and id.y and switch them around if necessary.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346