Re: Postgresql vs OS compatibility matrix

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Postgresql vs OS compatibility matrix
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Chew,

First off, this isn't the appropriate list.  So if you have follow-up
questions, please post them to NOVICE or GENERAL.

> I have checked the ftp sites for Postgresql software under the binary/RPMS
> folder and discovered that v7.3.2 is not available for redhat 9.0
> Only v7.3.3 and above is available for redhat 9.0

All versions of PostgreSQL from the last 3 years are compatible with RedHat as
far as I know.  However, 7.3.3 and 7.3.4 are "bug-fix" releases; they fix
security problems and a few other known issues.   As such, 7.3.2 is not
recommended by *anyone* for *any OS*, becuase it has known sercurity, backup,
and recovery issue.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions