Re: [BUGS] Autocomplete on Postgres7.4beta5 not working?

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: [BUGS] Autocomplete on Postgres7.4beta5 not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 28 October 2003 22:48, Tom Lane wrote:

> AFAICT there was no discussion about this issue when the patch was
> proposed and applied.  But now that the point is raised I have to say
> that I don't like this change.  I don't think system catalogs should be
> excluded from tab completion.  They never were before 7.4, and I have
> not seen anyone complaining about that, other than Ian.
>
> Comments anyone?

Guilty as charged? ;-)

Just to clarify, the patch enables tab completion for catalog relations
as long as the schema name pg_catalog is prepended. E.g.
\d pg_c[tab].[tab] will get expansion for everything in pg_catalog.

ISTR I found it very irritating that without this restriction
\d p[tab] produces a very large number of selections
for "normal" database work. Looking at a current database, I have about a
dozen of relations beginning with p in the search path which I access with tab
expansion frequently and I'm sure it would annoy me intensely if I got all the
system tables as well every time.

Mind you that's only my personal preference, I thought it might be unpopular
but as no one has commented since... I can submit a correction but not today
or tomorrow.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Autocomplete on Postgres7.4beta5 not working?
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Autocomplete on Postgres7.4beta5 not working?