Re: [BUGS] Autocomplete on Postgres7.4beta5 not working?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [BUGS] Autocomplete on Postgres7.4beta5 not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> This appears to have been a deliberate change:

>     * src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c: Attached are two patches for psql's
>     tab-completion.c.
>         [snip]
>
>     Note that tables, indexes, views and sequences relations in the
>     'pg_catalog' namespace are excluded even though they are in the
>     current search path. I found not doing this produced annoying
>     behaviour when expanding names beginning with 'p'. People who work
>     with system tables a lot may not like this though; I can look for
>     another solution if necessary.
>
>     Ian Barwick
>
> AFAICT there was no discussion about this issue when the patch was
> proposed and applied.  But now that the point is raised I have to say
> that I don't like this change.  I don't think system catalogs should be
> excluded from tab completion.  They never were before 7.4, and I have
> not seen anyone complaining about that, other than Ian.
>
> Comments anyone?

No one commented on it so it was applied --- now that we have two people
who don't like it, seems we should back it out.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Autocomplete on Postgres7.4beta5 not working?
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Autocomplete on Postgres7.4beta5 not