Re: Need some help getting started

От Dan
Тема Re: Need some help getting started
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Nope, that didn't work.

But, I found the following line in the
/var/logs/postmaster file.

FATAL:  Can't read lock file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock:
Permission denied

I get the following for /tmp when I type "ls -l /"
drwxrwxrwx+   2 Dan    None            0 Oct 27 08:38
tmp

and /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock does not exist

So, I have another question. Am I looking at the right
README file?  I'm using
/usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.3.4.README

My copy of this file says to use "ntrights", not
"editrights".

Here again are the 2 errors logged in application
events:

Event 2
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source (
postmaster ) cannot be found. The local computer may
not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to
retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the
event: postmaster : PID 1928 : starting service
`postmaster' failed: execv: 1, Operation not
permitted.

Event 1
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source (
postmaster ) cannot be found. The local computer may
not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to
retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the
event: postmaster : PID 968 : starting service `'
failed: redirect_fd: open (1,
/var/log/postmaster.log): 13, Permission denied.

I'm confused why this says "postmaster.log" instead of
"postmaster".