Re: Still a few flaws in configure's default CFLAGS selection

От Kevin Brown
Тема Re: Still a few flaws in configure's default CFLAGS selection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Well, we don't want to use debug for non-gcc (no optimization) so do we
> do -g for gcc, and then --enable-debug does nothing.  Seems people can
> decide for themselves.

But doesn't --enable-debug turn off optimization?

It's really a question of what the default behavior should be for each
option.  Clearly for non-gcc compilers, the default should be -O only
since they probably can't simultaneously handle -g.  But gcc builds are
an exception, one which I think is worth considering.  Hence my opinion
that for gcc builds, the default should be -g and -O.

--
Kevin Brown                          kevin@sysexperts.com