Re: Desperate help needed for Replication

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Desperate help needed for Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 07:53:08PM -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
> El Jue 23 Oct 2003 19:41, Chris M. Gamble escribi?:
> > I am trying to perform what I best understand as Multi-master asynchronous
> replication for postgres 7.3.3 servers. After researching, I tried the

> 1) I think the best shot should be eRServ

It most certainly would not.  Erserver is good for exactly one thing
(and some people think it isn't good at this): single-master,
possibly-multi-slave asynchronous replication.  Given its current
design, it will _never_ be able to do multi-master replication unless
it is "data merge" sort of stuff (e.g. table1 and table 2 on db1;
table 3 and table 4 on db2; and table1, table 2, table3, and table4
on db3).

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110