Re: slow select

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: slow select
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Medora,

> Increasing effective_cache_size to 10000 did it.

That would be 78MB RAM.  If you have more than that available, you can
increase it further.  Ideally, it should be about 2/3 to 3/4 of available
RAM.

>The query now
> takes 4 secs.  I left random_page_cost at the default value of 4.
> I thought, mistakenly apparently, that our database was relatively
> itty bitty and so haven't messed with the .conf file.

Actually, for a itty bitty database on a fast machine, you definitely want to
lower random_page_cost.  It's a large database that would make you cautious
about this.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions