Re: is GiST still alive?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: is GiST still alive?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gregor,

> I'm developing a native XML database (C++) (which is supposed to become
> open source one day) and I'm wondering wheather I could use GiST for it's
> indexes. Is GiST still alive?

Don't know, sorry.

> Would PostgreSQL fit that requirement? And are you interested in having a
> fast, scalable XML access method?

We would welcome good XML tools for XML stored in databases.

However, I'm not sure that PostgreSQL is the appropriate platform for an
all-XML database; we're pretty dogmatically a relational database ... perhaps
the grandfather of most relational databases.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco