Re: [HACKERS] Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Scott,

> > It is hard to understand that if he is willing to make PostgreSQL the
> > default for Compiere, why he would refuse to include any changes to
> > allow Oracle and PostgreSQL to both work.
>
> But if what he wants is nested transactions, then I could see him paying
> for development providing better ROI than forking the code.  Is that what
> was meant by "the right kind of transaction support" ?

If he wanted nested transactions, and was willing to pay for development, I
can't imagine us turning him down.  Nested xtn have been on the TODO list for
years.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL