Re: Recomended FS

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Recomended FS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 21 October 2003 11:26, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> (I have not gotten around to testing random read and writes, but if
> anybody is interested I can test this and supply figures)

Can you compare ogbench results for the RAID and single IDE disks? It would be
great if you could turn off write caching of individual drives in RAID and
test it as well.

I think for lot of databases IDE RAID could be a good compramise. Just
remember its not the best out there. So use it when you have good
backups..:-)

 Shridhar