Re: A couple of TODO notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: A couple of TODO notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Some comments on random TODO entries:
>
> * Allow INET subnet tests using non-constants
>
> This should say "Allow ... to be indexed" as it's otherwise a nonissue.

New text is:
* Allow INET subnet tests to use indexes

Is that right?

> * ARRAYS
>     o -Allow arrays to be ORDER'ed
>
> Although Joe implemented ordering operators, he didn't get around to
> adding MIN()/MAX() support for arrays.  Seems like if you can do '<'
> then you should be able to do MIN().

Added:
       o Allow MIN()/MAX() on arrays

> * Allow CREATE INDEX zman_index ON test (date_trunc( 'day', zman ) datetime_ops)
>   fails index can't store constant parameters
>
> This is done as of 7.4.

OK.

> * Improve handling of index scans for NULL
>
> I think this should read "Allow use of indexes to search for NULLs".
> ISTM "improve" implies that there's something there to improve...

Done.

> * CURSOR
>     o Allow BINARY option to SELECT, just like DECLARE
>
> This is either done or rendered irrelevant, depending on your point of
> view, by the V3 protocol.

Do we allow SELECT data to come back as BINARY form (not C strings) like we do
with BINARY cursors?

>     o Add SET SCHEMA
>
> What is this supposed to do (and how's it different from SET SEARCH_PATH)?

Per Peter's email:
       o Add SET PATH for schemas

> * -Support statement-level triggers (Neil)
>
> If we're going to remove this as done, we ought to put in a separate
> TODO item to allow such triggers to get at the sets of modified rows.
> People seem to think that that's a standard part of the capability.

Added:
* Allow statement-level triggers to access modified rows

> * Wire Protocol Changes
>     o Add optional textual message to NOTIFY
>     o Allow fastpast to pass values in portable format
>
> Those are both done as far as the protocol is concerned, and therefore
> should be moved to some other category.  The fastpath issue probably
> should be under libpq, since it's only a matter of redesigning the API
> that libpq exposes for this feature.

Moved.

>     o Special passing of binary values in platform-neutral format (bytea?)
>
> That's done, period.

Updated.

Pennsylvania19073