Re:

От Igor Shevchenko
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tuesday 14 October 2003 20:50, you wrote:
> Igor Shevchenko <igor@carcass.ath.cx> writes:
> > The problem is repeatable when I run my program, especially if the
> > postgresql server and the sserv are on the same server, and the debugging
> > is off. Please let me know if you need more details, I'll try to narrow
> > the conditions to make a simple reproductible sequence of commands.
>
> I think we're going to need a test case to make any progress on this
> one.

Here's a test case.

1. in t2.cc, replace table name "a" in "select * from a" with any other table
which has lots of data. In my setup, the table 'a' is :

            Table "public.a"
 Column |       Type        | Modifiers
--------+-------------------+-----------
 txt    | character varying |

It has ~50k of rows with the same value 'hello'.

2. compile t2.cc
3. run "while true; do echo "notify new_event" | psql; done" in one shell
4. run t2 in another shell

The t2's backend fails before the query is finished and the following is
printed in the postgresql's log:

WARNING:  CommitTransaction and not in in-progress state
TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(TopTransactionContext != ((void *)0))", File: "xact.
c", Line: 660)
LOG:  server process (PID 10622) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes

--
Best regards,
Igor Shevchenko