Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 04:33:22PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> I don't think that really answers my concern, since the sort of folks
> who are likely to get confused by not being able to see something that
> should be there are exactly the same ones who are not likely to have
> turned on a non-default "power user" setting.  If anything, adding such

Hmm.  What about adding a "suppress" setting or something like that?
Then people could alias psql to psql --suppress if it made their
lives easier?  (FWIW, I agree with Tom.  Suppressing stuff that \d
shows just makes people have to resort to grovelling through the
system tables themselves, after struggling with trying to figure out
why they couldn't see, oh, the I/O function.  Ask me how I know for a
mini-rant about consistency in interfaces.)

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110