Re: Transaction Queries!!!

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Transaction Queries!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Vatsal wrote:

> We are using postgresql as the underlying RDBMS for one of our
>  application. When in a transaction if we execute an query that causes
>  database to return a failure. The whole transaction gets roll backed.
Yes, all errors are treated as unrecoverable, so you're forced to roll the
transaction back.  At some point nested transactions or savepoints will
let you have more control.

>  A another problem is of executing update query thru ODBC API's. When we
>  run update query thru executeQuery() API, even though the update query
> may
>  not go thru as some column condition may not have met or the where
> clause
>  may have been wrong. In such case also the API returns success.
>
>  When the query is executed thru psql prompt it says zero rows updated.
>  Has this problem got to do with postgresql or ODBC API?

An update that updates no rows is still a success by our general
definition.

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Question
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: How to list which tables are available?