OpenORB Re: 2-phase commit

От Andrew Piskorski
Тема OpenORB Re: 2-phase commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit@connx.com>
> Subject: Re: 2-phase commit
> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:37:53 -0700

> Why not apply the effort to something already done and compatibly
> licensed?

I'm not sure, what is your point here exactly?

To use OpenORB as as a transaction monitor, you'd still need XA
protocol support (which means 2-phase commit) in each of the
PostgreSQL databases being overseen by that transaction monitor, no?

Or are you saying that OpenORB includes XA support for both the master
and the slave (I am probably using the wrong terminology here), the
code be linked in or otherwise used as-is for PostgreSQL?

Either way, have you actually used OpenORB with a RDBMS, or heard
feedback from anyone else who personally has?

--
Andrew Piskorski <atp@piskorski.com>
http://www.piskorski.com