Re: Index/Foreign Key Question

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Index/Foreign Key Question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, David Busby wrote:

> [...]

For the query in question, yes.  However, you probably want a category_id
index and an invoice_id index if you are going to change the related
tables because the (gid, category_id, invoice_id) isn't good enough for
the foreign key checks (and the fk columns aren't automatically indexed
because it can easily become a pessimization depending on the workload
that's being done).