Re: 2-phase commit

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: 2-phase commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 02:17:28PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> Can you elaborate on "your purposes"?  Do they fall into the
> "XA-compatibility" bit or the "Robustness in the face of network
> failure"?

Yes.  I don't think that 2PC is a solution for robustness in face of
network failure.  It's too slow, to begin with.  Some sort of
multi-master system is very desirable for network failures, &c., but
I don't think anybody does active/hot standby with 2PC any more; the
performance is too bad.

I'm interested in the ability to use it for XA(ish) compatibility and
heterogenous database support.  Arguments with
people-who-think-Gartner-reports-are-good-guides-for-what-to-do would
be a lot easier if I had that, to begin with.

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110