Re: Sun performance - Major discovery!

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Sun performance - Major discovery!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jeff,

My first concern with the -fast option is that it makes an executable
that is specific for the platform on which the compilation is run
unless other flags are given. My second concern is the effect it has
on IEEE floating point behavior w.r.t. rounding, error handling, ....
And my third concern is that if you use -fast, all other code must
be compiled and linked with the -fast option for correct operation,
this includes any functional languages such as perl, python, R,...
That is a pretty big requirement for a default compilation flag.

Ken Marshall