Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 07:03:19PM -0500, nolan@celery.tssi.com wrote:

> Would PG know enough to do a commit regardless of how the database was
> shut down?  A second question is whether doing a commit is what the user
> or application would always want to have happen, as it could result in a
> half-completed transaction.

If an open transaction is not explicitly committed and the client
disconnects, it is automatically rolled back.

Essentially, you're proposing Kevlar shoes as a solution for the problem
that you want to walk around carrying a loaded gun aimed at your foot.
(Tom Lane)