Re: buffer manager

От Satoshi Nagayasu
Тема Re: buffer manager
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
monu_indian@indiatimes.com (monu agrawal) wrote:
> Hi
> I have developed a new buffer policy for biological databases, I want
> to implement it on postgresql.So I will have to buffer manager of
> pgsql.How should I do it?
> Which files I will have to change & what type of changes I will have
> to make.

Very interesting.

You should start with bufmgr.c and others in src/backend/storage/buffer/.
Then you can see some functions to manipulate shared buffers.

> Is there any document which describes code of buffer manager
> of pgsql?

I have some descriptions about buffer manager as my PowerPoint slides,
but unfortunatery they are written in Japanese.  Do you want them?

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga@snaga.org>